Saturday, October 25, 2008

When life gives you a little lemon...


Two of my tenders...


Dad's decoys over my bow...


My father at 8:37...
The one that would have been the best is a little out of focus.

So there I was stewing for a bit waiting for the tide to get a little higher so I could haul my tender above peak and thought maybe I could get my outboard running. When I got to the point, my father's truck was there which led me to believe he was on the same level of thinking as me. His tender was gone and I knew immediately, he's out after those sea ducks. Since I had brought my camera to snap a few photos for my previous entry, I figured if my outboard motor ran I'd go check out how dad was faring.

I hadn't used my 3.3 at all this summer which only reinforces the idea behind "use it or lose it". I had been using my littlest tender (in the picture above) which rows like a rocket. The second being I must have forgotten which way to turn on the fuel on in the dark. The problem with those little Mercury motors is that if you leave the fuel switch on, the fuel will run and flood the carburetor and it will be virtually impossible to get started quickly. And since I have worn the on/off decal away, I couldn't fathom the problem this morning. So my stupidity cost me a hunt. My father did magically fix his outboard also, all it took for him was to put back his emergency pull cord back on his outboard. Nevertheless, I took the time to take a few pictures. Notice some of his ultra magnum eider decoys, that's another blog!!!



1 comment:

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

Those are great photos of your Dad . . . but what the heck is he doing out there in the row boat! Don't he know that thars the Atlantic!