Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Comings and Goings... and a writer's funk...


I figured while I watch Scott Brown change the balance of power in the U.S. Senate, it would be a good idea to post my peeps on the generalities of my January...

Over the long weekend, we hit the brook trout quite well as limits were achieved on Saturday and Monday. Sunday was without any success, but I had my co-pilot with me for a temperate afternoon. She was bummed that we didn't get a fish, but I quickly shared with her that, "Daddy would rather catch zero fish with you, than catch 50 by himself". I towed her all around, watched her do this running slide thing on the ice, and checked several flags that had bait stolen. Pretty soon I'm going to bring out the ATV or the snowmobile, but I'm trying to teach her the importance of being outdoors first without the toys. I don't want it to become all about the machines...

Today, I received my eider band from the Bird Band Laboratory with a notice that the information will soon arrive. That in itself will be interesting, after that I've got to decide who gets the band. I joked that since neither of my buddies couldn't prove they shot the eider, the band belonged to the captain. Maybe I'll just keep it and bring it to our social events for some jabbing and aggravation...

I've been sort of in a writing funk and really not motivated to type or even take pictures, for that I apologize and will try to bring a more dedicated prose to my blog. There are still a few good articles in the works, but duck hunting is pretty much done as my boat has been at the doctors for some time now going under some warranty work...

Until next time,

The Downeast Duck Hunter

1 comment:

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

Its the winter funk I have been feeling it as well. No worries it to will soon pass. :)

Only a few short weeks and Duck Power will undergo a strange transformation and be reborn as Ice Power Intoxicated . . . can't wait for the BIG ice fishing trip. If that doesn't re-start your blogging motor nothing will!

Take Care!