Saturday, October 3, 2009

The rebuttal of the Maine Outdoorsman's "Mr. President" post...


If any of you read both the Maine Outdoorsman and my blog, then you may know that these two birds are of the same feather. There are many reasons why we fly in the same flock, and our slight humor cast upon each other only adds to the trouble. Nevertheless, let me plagerize some of Rabid's quotes from one of his most recent posts. This was from his well tuned work, "Mr. President"...

Perhaps even more nerve wracking than my mental fatigue from my fitful evenings is the physical exhaustion I am suffering as I prepare the estate for a visit from the Honorable Potentate and Grand Puba . . . the most admirable and exalted President of Duck Power Incorporated. Yes folks, none other than the DuckMan will be joining me for the 2009/10 waterfowl opener.

Translation: I'm pretty cool...

As I await the arrival of Mr. President, I begin to go over the checklist to insure every detail no matter how small has been rightly accounted.

Reality Check: Rabid's gear was already packed and he shot two wood ducks on opening day out of the very same blind we shared for the last two days...


I drill the children with the proper sounds made by Mallards, Teal and Wood Ducks and insure they are holding their popguns with the “dangerous end” pointing in a safe direction.

Lots of laughs: His littlest one looked at me as if I was a serial killer and his oldest ran out of the room...

Hurriedly, I grab for the camouflage (Max 4 Adv.) carpet and unfurl it to the door of Mr. President’s transport. I take a deep breath and wait for the inspection to begin.

Just an FYI: The only welcome I got was a scruffy old mat and a locked door...

Wish me luck!!

Stay tuned for our two day opener!!!

2 comments:

tugboatdude said...

you 2 are definitely related and I wish you both the best of luck in the upcoming hunting seasons

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

Lol, what a blast buddy!