Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Balancing life... as duck season approaches...
If you want something done ask a busy person... Yup that's my adage, I figure that the more I do the more gets done and then all goes well, but I've been hit with a unique opportunity that deserves some consideration...
I have been offered a part-time job after school working with kids from a different age group than I currently teach. I would head over to the elementary school and act as a counselor for mainly junior high kids and focus my efforts in the outdoor arena. Apparently the program endorses snow shoeing, cross country skiing, tennis, and other activities. The pay is $20 an hour and I would get about 6 hours per week. This would translate into $480 per month for about 8 months at the total estimated sum of $3840 before the taxman.
Here's my rambling thinking as of right now:
1) six hours a week is still six hours away from family which would then affect my weekends especially with my hunting seasons barreling around the corner
2) I'm not sure that $20 an hour is worth my time especially since I'm constantly in the works with the business of life
3) The money would be nice, but what honestly would it go for... towards a new car, home improvements, a bigger motor for the Duckforce???
4) My personal economy is well, I've adjusted my life around the increase in fuel and heating oil and I'm not sure if adding another job would better suit my personal utility, i.e. happiness
5) I wouldn't mind doing outdoors activities and sharing those with younger kids, plus get paid for it...
6) I would throw every paycheck into this isolated savings account and let the money grow, I have multiple incomes right now and this would be the only way I'd consider this to avoid nickel and dime economics
7) Work, more work, then home
So here I am, trying once again to figure out how to balance my world and as my favorite time of year approaches, another option gets put in front of me... I suppose opportunity is knocking but is there a price for this one???