Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dawg Days of Summer



As some of you may already know, summertime is my crazy time... A year's worth of work in three months while I'm on summer vacation from my career as a high school history teacher and all of a sudden it's back to school. So far I've managed to dig 29 worm tides, including 8 during the week of the 4th of July, set over 400 lobster traps, and now, dig more worms and haul more traps. My wife has left me with the kids for Boothbay Harbor and now I get up about 4 a.m., spend the bulk of the day laboring, and come home to make a sandwich before bed. So for those who do read my blog, I apologize... I will get working on my 1100 update and do a showcase on the duck boat modifications...


I did manage to get to southern Maine with my good buddy the rabid outdoorsman and check out Cabelas... Even though I could have easily spent about $5,000 dollars there I am very disappointed with its lackluster appeal... I could spend $5,000 at Walmart if I wanted to...

So be patient and I'll get to blogging in the near future...

DowneastDuckHunter out

3 comments:

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

Hey man only a few more days and I will be joining you on the lobstah boat! Hey did you say the wife and kids were gone?!?! Maybe I misunderstood your e-mail message . . . please clarify are we chasing stripers OR strippers on Monday evening? LOL!

Take Care,

Hammer OUT!

Downeast Duck Hunter said...

Rabid,
The only stripper I be seeing will be on the ethan allen beds my wife picked up from her parents... apparently the original finish doesn't match the dressers... a good dancer just might be cheaper when it's all said and done...

tugboatdude said...

don't matter if it's your wife a girlfriend or a dancer we all end up paying for "it" at some point in some way