Thursday, February 11, 2010

Left Behind...


This isn't exactly what I had intended to share in celebration of my 100 posts, but here goes...

It is with my upmost regret to inform my readership that my excitement and efforts towards the upcoming fishing trip to West Grand Lake have been halted.

Apparently our efforts towards the planning of this 4 day adventure neglected one key component- communication.

When scheduling this event, I honestly felt that the trip was to be from February 18th to the 21st. When I learned that my friends were getting excited about leaving on Thursday (today), I wasn't quite sure what was going on. To make a long story short, I had made all plans around the end of school vacation instead of taking time off before.

I hold myself responsible for this blunder, but can say I've got through the emotional states of failure. At first I was terribly mad, then quite upset, followed by an irritated frustration. Now, I am just bummed because all my planning has resulted in nothingness. But it is important to mention that I do hope my friends still have a great time, even though it stinks to know that I will not be a part of the good time.

We'll see how my vacation plays out...

On a side note, I have been working on moving my blog with a small twist- I'm dropping "the" and working on building www.downeastduckhunter.blogspot.com

Until next time, The Downeast Duck Hunter

1 comment:

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

Communication failure!!! You will be sadly missed!