Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bear Baiting with the DEDH!!!

My esteemed friend and colleague, The Maine Outdoorsman, has spent several years pursuing the elusive black bear with little avail. So this past fall, I thought I'd try my hand at this baiting thing but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. Rather, I chose to photograph this sophisticated creature who manages to elude even the most experienced of hunters. I hope that my photo doesn't alter the face of bear hunting, for there would be no bear left...



But then again, this could be a futile effort to spread a little Christmas joy amongst the world of hunting and fishing. Have a great season friends!!!

Note: This photo was sent to my wife through email and wasn't taken by me. The photographer at this point is unknown...

1 comment:

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

The black bear taunts me with his reckless highwire act. Grrr!