Monday, May 18, 2009

Picture Perfect...




So I had this student last year graduate and attend art school in southern Maine. I always told her that sportsmen, including us hunters, do enjoy art especially within the scope of outdoor scenery and game. After telling her that if I have money to buy a $1,400 shotgun or a $700 kayak, chances are that a nice oil painting of some eiders flying past a ledge over some decoys with a sunrise in the background would be an easy purchase.

I never thought she'd take my challenge on, but she's been at work for the past few weeks off and on in the evenings while back home for summer break.

This work, still in the early stages, shows her amazing talent and I'm proud to know that I'm getting the very first of her paintings in this outdoors genre. Keep checking in, this progress is being photographed in transit!!!

The Downeast Duck Hunter

No comments: