Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Day Pictures...

I know I suggested I'd be away for awhile in my last post, but I had to get these springtime ducks on the blog. Today, there was a drake blue winged teal, two drake wood ducks, and a number of residential mallards. For a guy who spends most of his time around eiders, scoters, old squaws, and other sea ducks, I don't get much of a chance to see these beauties. I believe this is the first recognized blue winged teal I've seen in my neck of the woods. But then again, I didn't spend the time or energy into duck identification as all my hunting used to be only in the Gulf of Maine.

I'd like to give a shout out to Bud and Mel who let me spend some time on their property, especially on such a special day.

Enjoy!!!










1 comment:

tugboatdude said...

put me down for a hunting trip on that pond,haha.next hunting season my number one goal is to get a drake woodie.I will get one and I will get it mounted,great pictures and beautiful birds