Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Blasting Brother-in-Law...

Okay, so I put the shotgun down today and fired up the video camera only to take some less than high quality video. My brother-in-law didn't make it down for our eider hunt on Thursday morning since he was dealing with a power outage and my sister. Here's the video of Mr. Bufflehead and my personal favorite is when he takes out the closet one only to watch the gigantic flock split and fly away. Still, he knocked them down well and I'm sure he's quite pleased with himself...

5 comments:

Jon Roth said...

Yikes! Not only did he shoot that one on the water but he shot the deocys!! Did you make him buy a new rig?? :)

Downeast Duck Hunter said...

I carved the ones on the left several years ago and my father joked that it would only make them more valuable, but he didn't seem so excited about his oversized buffleheads on the right. My brother-in-law only gets out once or twice a year so I'll cut him some slack, but I do expect some nice duck hunting gear for Christmas... lol...

Anonymous said...

WOW!! For going out only once or twice a year the guy is good. What four shots and three ducks, not bad in my book!

Downeast Duck Hunter said...

No doubt badger he's a good shot, I'd like to get him down more but my sister has a pretty short leash if you know what I mean...

The best part about gunning with him is that he is absolutely safe in the blind and in the boat. Plus he's a good egg and good for my sister...

Mr. Bufflehead said...

Hey Live to Hunt.... If The Downeast Duck Hunter is right, I like to think of it as value adding one shell at a time. LOL!!!!